Friday, September 3, 2010

Introducing my Jakarta Partner....."Lealalicious" Cupcakes!





Let me introduce you to my amazing new cupcake partner in Jakarta, the cutely titled "Lealalicious"! I'm proud to say it's actually my own sister, and I'm so excited she has started to take on a cupcake venture of her own. You can view her blog at www.lealalicious.blogspot.com
Back in the day when I started this little business 2 years ago, she was always helping me out, whether it be spooning the batter, icing the cupcakes, folding boxes, cutting ribbon, washing dishes etc. You name it in baking, she helped me to do it! Even setting up the tiers at the weddings or events itself. But she took a back seat, coz this was my baby and she was happy to see it build and grow.
Fast forward 2 years later in Jakarta, she's now a proud mum to baby Leala, hence her business is named in honour of her sweetheart of a daughter. She's a full time mummy and wifey, but for the past few months she decided to try cupcakes on her own.

And I am so super proud of her! She has come up with some fantastic creations all on her own, and she's such a part of re-inspiring to become more creative all over again! She sends me photos of her cupcakes almost every day and she never ceases to amaze me with her creativity. She pays so much attention to detail, to the point of anal but that's what makes her cupcakes gorgeous in taste and look!
Coincidentally enough, the taste of her cupcakes are just like mine! Whenever I passed her recipes, she'd try and her family members who have tried mine before, say oh wow it's just like Choy's! Well we are twins, so I guess in runs in the blood. :)
So if ever any of you are in Jakarta, or know of friends in Jakarta who are getting married, having a baby, throwing a party etc, please recommend her to them. I guarantee you she won't disappoint.
This blog is in honour of my darling sis May, and I look forward to more cupcake collaborations, and to the day we start our chain of cupcake cafe's! I love you. xxx
*Note: Photos are courtesy of "Lealalicious". Photos shown here are 100% original creations of "Lealalicious" For flavour, pricing and design enquiries of "Lealalicious" cupcakes, please email lealalicious@gmail.com

No comments: