Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Full Moon Weekend Part 2 - My Baby Full Moon Masterpiece!





all the cut outs with decor drying on ice cream sticks

I cut out the alphabets from red fondant

baby faces and ducks drying on the pink cut out, they were store bought

This has to be the ULTIMATE baby moon cupcake set up I have ever done! It's truly my masterpiece at this point in time.
The same lovely mummy Joanna had her baby's grand full moon party at the Swissotel next to Clarke Quay Central.
For these cupcakes, I had to prepare up to 3 days in advance. When she initially showed me a photo of the design she wanted, I was a bit panicky.
However, I managed to pull it off and I couldn't have been happier with the result. :)
I first had to made the pink cut out shapes, which I did with pink fondant 3 days early so it could dry on time. Next, I glued on the baby faces, baby ducks and alphabets onto the pink cut out the day before the event. Subsequently when that dried, I stuck the whole thing onto ice cream sticks.
Once they were ready, I had to carefully keep them in plastic bags, and I only stuck them on to the cupcakes once they were all on the tier.
The entire set up took nearly an hour as I had to line up the name and designs so that everything "flowed" well together.
She ordered the same flavours of red velvet and lemon, and this time she wanted a more golden yellow colour paired with the soft pink.
The entire thing said "1st Month Charlette Teo" and some auspicious saying chinese characters.
I can't wait to make something like this again!








































































































No comments: