Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blue and Gold Vegan Cupcake Wedding




Ladies and Gentlemen, what you are seeing are truly vegan cupcakes! That's right, no eggs or butter at all in this creation. It was vegan chocolate.
It was for an Indian wedding, and the bride requested a gold and blue theme for her cupcakes.
Even the icing was made from unsalted margarine, and taste that is different to butter icing but no doubt still good. I found the texture quite good for making those big swirls.

The cake was also a vegan chocolate cake, which I covered with white fondant and dressed the base with a blue satin ribbon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Choy!

Your cupcakes were a hit and my guests where so surprised that vegan cupcakes could taste so good! I had my brother sneak a few away so that I could enjoy them after the party ;)
Thanks again! x

CakeinaCup! said...

Awwww thanks Shamanee! :) Hope I get the opportunity to bake for you again!