Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Haute Couture Cupcake!




Presenting my first.....Haute Couture Cupcake! Ok I have to admit, I got the inspiration from a website. So I thought I had to try it for myself!
It was a little hard making the large flower because of the humidity, so the petals tore a little easier then usual when I was thinning them out. I made them a week in advance so they could dry properly. However I'm in need to fix the air con in my room so the temperature will be a little better for making the flowers.
I actually made 6 of these cupcakes for a girl's weekend in Manila 2 weeks ago. I used lemon cupcakes with lemon buttercream as a flavour, and the decorated one side of the cupcake with silver beads, black pearls and white pearls. All edible of course. Then the flower to finish.
Unfortunately, after hours on the plane and day before the girl's dinner, the weight of the flowers kinda flattened the cream. However I also put it down to the fact that my friends didn't keep the cupcakes in a cool enough area so the cream sorta melted.
But I'm glad I managed to take a picture of the finished pretty product! I hope someone orders this soon for a wedding or fancy event. :)

No comments: