Sunday, May 3, 2009

"Double Happiness" Wedding @ Carlton Hotel

The mini pyramid of "Xi" cupcakes

Top view

Close up view

Beginning of the icing process

The base is finally done!

Now on to the "xi", my hands were so sore!

Finished product!

I had a lot of fun making these cuppies. I did this design previously for sister's engagement in November of last year. A client saw it and requested for the same cupcakes for her wedding just over the Labour Day weekend. I'm still not an expert in the art of Chinese calligraphy, moreover having to translate that into cupcakes but I think I'm getting better. :P Next time , I gotta write names and famous phrases! hahaha I painstakingly iced every "xi" by hand and my hands felt the soreness for the rest of the evening, but when it comes to my art, I don't mind at all!

No comments: