Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Turquoise and Pink Themed ROM!




You will not believe the drama I had with these gorgeous coloured cupcakes! They were for an ROM at the Marriot Hotel at the poolside. The couple are lovely and judging from their colour theme and set up, they are quirky, fun and filled with love!

Before I get started, the flavours were chocolate with vanilla buttercream (turquoise) and vanilla cupcakes with strawberry buttercream (pink). So anyway, I originally made the icing on these cupcakes are giant beautiful swirls and I planned to "sit" the fondant hearts on it. Guess what? The bellman at the front door loaded my big plastic storage box with the cupcake boxes inside onto the trolley, and he angled it high to get it up the steps and I said don't do that as they might topple! He said sorry and we went upstairs. But as you guessed it by now, I opened the box and everything had toppled and squashed ! All my hard work was literally gone!

Needless to say my face turned pretty "black" as I never had this happen to me before. I took a deep breath, gathered my thoughts, and asked the coordinator for a butter knife and I set to work. There were 48 cupcakes, but it took me nearly an hour to ice them all smooth and wipe the cupcake wrappers clean as everything was so messy! Bless my dad, sister and brother in law for coming to the rescue and they helped me fixed and cleaned everything up.

But with no doubt, the cupcakes still turned out beautiful and the fondant hearts with initials really dressed up the cupcakes and they looked beautifully whimsical sitting among the yummy dessert table. The bride and groom were pretty cool about it too, and I thank them for that!

Anita and Mark, I wish you both a long and happy life together! I promise next time I'll carry the box of cupcakes myself! ;)

No comments: