Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Flowery Lilac & White Wedding






This has to be one of the prettiest cupcake tiers I've ever created. I don't just love the look of the handmade fondant flowers, but also the colour theme overall. The ROM was held at Bottle Tree Park by the lake house, and the theme was lilac and cream. Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream was the flavour, and the couple chose lilac coloured roses and white frangipanis with purple centres for the main event. The rose colour looks kinda blue in the photographs and the icing looks like a purple, but it real life it was more like a lilac colour. I dusted the roses and the frangipani centres with edible purple dust to give a more detailed effect, and finished off the tier with some lilac coloured fake roses (which my friend at Fleurlicious lovingly made). Ta dah!

3 comments:

Farah said...

I like the flowers!

weiz said...

Hi, how do you charge for 20 cupcakes in similar lilac theme for a wedding shower party?

CakeinaCup! said...

hi weiz. I bake in dozens, so I recommend 24 instead of 20. Why don't you email me at cakeinacup@gmail.com and I provide the price breakdown to you there? :)