Monday, September 28, 2009

Green Butterfly Effect!








These cupcakes were one of the most intricate I've done in a year of my little cupcake business. The bride gave me a photo of what she wanted, the colour and I set to work. I had to prepare the fondant circles and butterflies a few days in advance so they could dry and set on time, and I used royal icing to ice the white swirls and little white flowers. There were only 50 to make but it took time because of the details involved. Then I packaged the cupcakes into my clear square boxes, and the couple provided the ribbons and sticker tags.

I also made a cake for them in the same flavour as the cupcakes, which was a vanilla base with vanilla buttercream and I dressed the cake in some royal icing flowers and fondant butterflies dusted with edible gold dust. I bought my small cake tier just for this occasion, and hopefully for more in the future! The reception was at a restaurant in Boat Quay, thank God my mother could find parking on Circular Road and we walked from there which wasn't too bad. The set up inside was lovely too. Congrats Carol and Pol!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow these are beautiful! i'm interested in getting a wedding cupcake for my solemnisation. can you pls email me at joyce.tan.sihui@gmail.com