Saturday, June 27, 2009

Romantic Cupcakes @ Goodwood Park Hotel







Behold my new cupcake tier!! Yahoooooooooooo! My darling sister and hubby bought it for me as an early birthday present. I've always the clear acrylic tier look, and I finally have it! It was my first time making the little cake on top look with cupcakes, and I had fun doing it. If you ask me years ago to ice a cake I was hopeless! Now after time and practice, I think I do a half decent job however I think I could have made it look smoother. One of the "holes" in the cake was caused by an undersize cake box so my apologies for that, the butter knife at the hotel helped a bit. It was a chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream, true yum! The cupcakes were:

1) Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream topped with White Chocolate Curls (pink)
2) Lemon Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream topped with a cherry
3) Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream topped with edible gold beads

This was a pretty big job, 300 cupcakes in total! The rest were packed up as wedding favours to guest, as shown in the last picture. They prefered the hexagonal box look hence my usual squares were missing in action. I decorated the top of the cake with fake roses in vintage shades of cream, pink and golden tones. Overall, these are the "prettiest" and most "romantic" cupcakes I've done to date. I hope to do more like these in the future!

No comments: