Monday, June 1, 2009

Flower Power!





For the first time, here are my fondant flowers! I remember telling myself a while ago I would never work with fondant bla bla because it's too much work, doesn't taste nice etc. However, since I had one client approach me to try it, I decide why not give it a go. It further's my abilities, and I'll have to chance to make beautiful creations for people. So I got this marshmallow fondant recipe from my mum's friend, and apparently it's more maleable and taste heck a lot better then regular fondant. Just to warn you, it makes for quite a sticky time! So I whipped out my wedding cake books, looked up a few websites and got cracking! I bought a couple of cookie cutters and shaped all the flowers by hand. It's so much work ok, but the result is worth it. I know I can improve better on the "realistic" look of my flowers but I thought for my first try, it wasn't too bad. Check out my next post for more fondant creations!

No comments: