Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Daddy's 70th Birthday Cupcakes!





The cupcakes with his "Shou Tao"

These cupcakes held such special meaning for me. :) It was my darling daddy's big 70th birthday two weeks ago in KL, and my sister and I went home for the weekend, and made this cupcakes for his pink and white themed party at home.
He requested chocolate cupcakes, an we paired it with a vanilla cream cheese frosting. My sister make the cake base, and I prepared the icing and the decor.
We thought a simple white circle cut out with black numbers, and a black bow tie would look quite chic for the party. Our daddy is a very simple man, so that suited him perfectly.
An added dessert to the party was the mandatory "Shou Tao", which a friend of mine so graciously arranged for me in Singapore. Yes I carried it all the way back to Malaysia, and on the bus too! ;) There were 70 pieces, including the large one and it was so yummy!
Nevertheless he was very happy with the result, and so were we! Most of the cupcakes were finished by the guests as well. Thankfully a few leftover the next day for breakfast.
Love you daddy! Looking forward to making you more cupcakes next year. :)



No comments: