Saturday, July 18, 2009

Refreshing Green & White Cupcakes!





Now I must say I don't often come across brides who have green & white for their colour theme, but it does look quite striking and fresh. My client wanted to have an olive green, and I managed to find the colour. I also coloured one icing a light shade of pastel green to show her another contrast of green with white. She's looking for something that is more simple and elegant, so I decorated with gold and silver dragees and also added in some fondant flowers for another choice of decoration.

This box of samples also had quite a few flavours, and I'm proud to announce I've added a new flavour to the menu because of this client, and it's.....Sugee! Yes the traditional Portugeuse Eurasian cakes we remember our mother's and grandmother's baking or buying. It was my first attempt and I must say it came out good, well my client's mum complimented me so I was like "Phew!"! A lot of work involve but it's a flavour that I think many will come to love , and already love. I paired it with vanilla cream cheese frosting which made for a great combination. Can't wait to bake it for my family! Btw, the box of flavours contained:

  • 2 Sugee Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
  • 2 Tiramisu
  • 2 Red Velvet
  • 2 Lemon with Vanilla Buttercream
  • 2 Vanilla with Coffee Buttercream
  • 2 Vanilla with Chocolate Buttercream

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments: