Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rainbow Cupcakes for Girly 1st B'day Party!




Swirls always look so delicious, fluffy goodness!

The Rainbow effect, I love how the colours blended so beautifully!

The back view of the cupcake

The first 3 layers of colour

The "before" look of the cuppies

Fresh out of the oven!

I was very happy making these cupcakes! I wanted something cute and colourful for my friend's daughter's 1st birthday party, and I came across rainbow cupcakes online. So I set off recreating my very own pot of gold. ;) I had to separate the batter into 6 parts and colour them, and individually layer it one on top of the other as you can see in the pictures. A lot of work but I loved loved the result! It makes it for a conversation piece rather then just plain old neutral coloured cupcakes. The flavour was vanilla on vanilla, something enjoyed universally by all ages and I coloured the frosting a soft baby pink and topped it with coloured sprinkles. Baby Ayla loved it! You can see her photos on the next posting. Hope to make more rainbow cuppies in the future!

No comments: