Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My First Baby Shower Cupcakes!





Close up of my "golden" butterfly, sorry the pic is kinda dark though

It was fun decorating my first baby shower cupcakes! This lovely lady was throwing a surprise birthday shower for her best friend who just passed her first trimester, so the cupcakes were to add in to the special day. She wanted something neutral as her friend didn't yet know the sex of the baby, and that the mummy loves butterflies and the daddy loves rugby. I handmade white sugar butterflies with I painted with edible gold dust, and I attempted rugby balls which I think turned out ok but I could be better! :P I also kept the frosting a simple shade of cream, which was basically my vanilla buttercream beaten till fluffy that they turn out that colour. Then I finished off with "baby faces" and yellow pacifiers. Cutesy enough! :)

No comments: