Monday, June 10, 2013

Chocolate Paleo Cupcakes



Recently, I have also been experimenting by making Paleo Cupcakes. I have a friend who is planning to go on a wheat free diet so the above is fantastic alternative for those you are allergic to wheat, or are planning a healthier lifestyle.

The cupcakes were made with coconut flour, which is very difficult to find but I managed to source a jar. It also contains more eggs then usual to give it extra fluffiness, so for vegetarians who don't consume eggs the above won't be right for you.

I'm pleased to say the above is also sugar free and dairy free, and adding wheat free to the mix makes this cupcake a very healthy option. The texture of the cake is fluffy and quite close to that of a normal cupcake, but with hints of coconut as I also use coconut oil in the mixture, which is one of the healthiest oil options out there.

I forgot to take photos of the icing with it, but it's quite similar to a ganache, which is just unsweetened chocolate, few tsps of coconut oil, agave syrup and vanilla extract. The result is a smooth glossy chocolate icing that is the perfect accompaniment to it's moist fluffy base. So you can indulge freely without feeling guilty.

For those that want to order paleo cupcakes, just email me and I'll quote you from there.

No comments: