Friday, June 8, 2012

Vintage Inspired Birthday Cake




I just completed this cake this morning, and I'm slowly starting to enjoy getting more practice on making birthday cakes. It can be quite scary because it's a lot more effort and details then cupcakes, but hey, all a good learning experience!

My customer requested a 9 inch vintage inspired cake for her daughter's birthday, and she showed me a photo for reference. She requested rosettes in different colours with green leaves, and glazed strawberries on a stick. 

Only thing was I didn't have leaf tip on me, so I had to use my tiny round tip to create the leaf effect. 

I also used Instagram to create a "vintage" look for the pictures. ;) 

Flavour of the cake was vanilla, and the centre was filled with fresh cream and macerated strawberries. The icing was a simple delicious vanilla buttercream. 

No comments: