Thursday, April 2, 2009

Beach Theme Cuppies!


my first attempt at sea shells hee hee... handpainted them with food colouring



fudgylicious!!!

my chocolate stars!

all shells of shapes and sizes

Hello everyone!!! My first post in a little while. Was away in Bali for my sister's wedding, and it was a week of heaven! I have never cried so much in my life, but the amount of love in the air was intoxicating! It was great to see friends and family from near and far come together, truly a magical magical moment.

I thought for my new post, since I was in holiday mode for a while, are these beach themed cuppies that I made a lil while back for a client tasting. She wanted most of it chocolate, and I thought to get creative by making royal icing seashells and star shaped chocolates. I couldn't find any shell moulds so that was the best I could do. I'm not a professional chocolate maker, but I followed a "moulding chocolate" recipe from a cupcake book a friend of mine bought me for Christmas. The result is a bit of a toffee like texture but the shape holds well and still tasted yummy! And I brushed some of them with edible gold dust to give a bit of texture.

Now I want me some chocolate!

No comments: