Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Engagement Jie Jie!

The "auspicious" cupcakes with the "return" gifts

Good thing's always come in 24's!

"Hong hong hei hei"

Close up!

Yesterday morning was my precious sister's engagement ceremony. It was a very happy time to signify the coming together of two families, and the upcoming marriage of my sister to her darling fiancee. The house was filled with 24 people and there were happy tears, smiles and laughs all around. I made these "Double Happiness" cupcakes for this special occasion. The base was a light chocolate with a cream cheese frosting, and a strawberry buttercream coloured a lucky red! It was my first time icing Chinese characters on a cupcake, mind you the most I know is 1,2,3 and few others! My family was impressed, they said "I didn't know you can write Chinese". My reply was "I copied from the angpau packet!" Here's to M & A, maybe you have a long and happy life together and when your babies come, I'll be there for the "One Month" celebration, but with baby booties on top instead! ;)

No comments: