Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cupcake + Wine Pairing Party!






Last night was so much fun when I went to my friend's Cupcake + Wine Pairing Party. I supplied the cupcakes, and she supplied the sommelier. Yes seriously, a sommelier. 

His name is Gerald and he owns Praelum Wine Bar over at Duxton Hill. My friend informed him of the cupcake flavors beforehand, which were lemon cupcake with strawberry buttercream, red velvet cupcake with chocolate buttercream and my chocolate guinness cake with bailey's buttercream, and he paired them very well with the wine he brought over. I believe it was a light white wine from Germany, then a moscato, and then a shiraz accordingly. 

Would you believe it all went well together?? Amazing. 

Watching space for more cupcake + wine pairing parties. I wanna work on having more of it. Or if you're interested, drop me an email! 

No comments: