Friday, August 1, 2008

Cupcakes with Southern Flair!


I had a message from a friend on facebook a few weeks asking me for a recipe for Red Velvet Cupcakes. Since I had never tried it before, I did a lil bit of poking around on the internet for a good recipe and tweaked it to my own way. Didn't want to give her something that I just found online without test driving it first. I have to say, they came out divine! For those of you who don't know, the Red Velvet cake is mostly a Southern American recipe and very popular in the midwest. It's characterised by its rich red colour, but the base is basically a simple chocolate enhanced by red food colouring. It is normally paired with a cream cheese frosting, and the marrying of these two factors really make a cupcake that is to die for!

No comments: